All CBR systems are full beadlocks and apply pressure to both tyre beads.
CBR Escape is an ideal system for users needing beadlock for low pressure traction and performance.
- Carefully sized to avoid impingement at low pressure.
- The added advantage that it doubles as a runflat support in the event of total air loss.
True mechanical beadlock provided by CBR is unique for the single piece wheel.
CBR on a single piece wheel introduces significant benefits over the traditional bolt together wheel with beadlock types:
Beadlock with bolt together or two-piece wheel
- Heavy. Typical 4×4 wheel can be 10 – 15 lbs (4.5 – 7 kg) heavier than standard wheel.
- Greater weight reduces performance and increases fuel consumption.
- Reduces payload capacity.
- Usually costs double the price of a standard wheel.
- Maintenance, re-torqueing bolts numerous times per year.
- Some of the wheels are not DOT approved
CBR system – Combined Beadlock Runflat
- Lighter weight standard/production wheel can be used.
- Minimal change to performance, fuel consumption or payload capacity.
- No extra cost for a special wheel.
- Minimal maintenance.
- No change to wheel or vehicle manufacturer’s warranty.